reasons to play golden sun:
-good music (heres an example)
-flashy combat that is fun to play and easy to handle
- catchy af battle themes
-if you like wandering over entire continents please play the gba games because this is pretty much what you do
-if you like worldbuilding please play these games because pretty much every continent on this entire world has links back to a real world culture and they do it really well most of the time
-change classes by mix and matching dijnn to change the elemental affinity of your party members and also change their abilities
-just mind read everybody for the hell of it (you can do that)
-you get to visit Lemuria and you have to fight Poseidon to get in, thats hardcore
-you get to visit waterfalls streaming off the edge of the world. thats cool
-open world exploration yea. tired of walking? you get a ship. tired of sailing? build fucking wings onto your ship so you can fly
-theres apparently a civ of jupiter adepts that lifted their entire city into the sky and its now the moon or something. sadly you never get to go there but we can only hope
-if you like using flashy magic: everybody in your party can use flashy magic. you will never run out of flashy magic to use
-even the weapons are flashy if you buy rare ones
-youd better like puzzle dungeons because son have we got puzzle dungeons
I’ve seen some posts making this guilt trip of how the people who like to dress up as a sugar skull or the Catrina for halloween or whatever is racist and cultural appropriation.
Nah, it’s completely fine, as long as you are not totally ignorant about it or disrespectful.
Sugar skull represents the deceased, in a joyful manner. And the Catrina is just a social critic which became an icon later on for the day of the dead and Mexico.
It is not offensive to turn this into a costume or an accessory because it already is, so if you want to dress up like sugar skulls on Halloween, do so, but atleast know it’s value.
Be open minded, don’t even hate, and share this rich culture we have with the rest of humanity, chill.
This post is about that eradicating guilt trip and blaming, and turn it into self awareness
Best thing ever
Something I’ve been thinking about doing for a while now. Lucina from FE:A with an art nouveau background!
- The protests are being held in order to achieve universal suffrage in Hong Kong. Although democracy had been promised for 2017 in 2008, China announced this August that Hong Kong people would only be able to vote from a pool of 2-3 specially selected candidates (all of whom would definitely have pro-China sentiments)
- University students held a week-long boycott of classes to protest for true democracy in Hong Kong
- Today riot police were deployed against peaceful protesters. Equipped in full riot gear the police used pepper spray to deter the protesters, mainly students and youths but also some elderly people have reported being sprayed point blank
- It is estimated that over 50,000 people have joined the protest and this number continues to grow
- This is the largest political protest in Hong Kong since our independence from the UK in 1997
- Although the protests remain peaceful, police have now started to use tear gas and have brought out long guns loaded with rubber bullets (there hasn’t yet been a report of any bullets being shot)
- Over 80 arrests have been made including students as young as 16 for taking part in these protests
- They are cutting cell phone receptions in the protest area so that people can’t share any information
- Violence is increasing as police continue to instigate protesters
- All this comes right before the October 1st celebration of the 65th anniversary of founding of the People’s Republic of China
- There are rumours that the PLA (the Chinese army) are going to be brought into the city tonight
More facts about Hong Kong:
- We run under a one country, two systems policy with China meaning that we are part of China but have our own government and laws.
- Protests for universal suffrage have been held throughout the summer but these are the biggest yet
- Anti-China and anti-government sentiments are at their highest levels yet. Survey results showed that 1 in 5 people are thinking of emigrating from the city.
- In June, China issued a white paper essentially telling Hong Kong to remember their place and re-asserting their authority over the city
The scenes from the protest look awful. In my 17 years in Hong Kong I’ve never seen anything like it. The world needs to know about this and say something before we get a recurrence of the Tiananmen Square massacre.
I hope everyone stays safe. Hong Kong stay strong.
kanata [-permission was given by the artist-]
~no reproduction/reupload without written permission~
- Yian Kut-Kool -
** Permission was granted by the artist to share this image.
The Very Awake Caterpillar by Zomboy Arts
Stickers, clothes, and iphone cases available at Redbubble.